Sunday, August 23, 2009

Christmas Land


Now that it's 600 degrees out, I'm working on some Christmas images. In an effort to get inspired, I was thinking if Christmas was like a circus (which it kinda is these days) what would Christmas Land look like? Who would live there and how would they do things. It's a fun exercise. I was also thinking, because of the process I take to do a drawing, I'm gonna create coloring pages of my stuff before I color it in.

Here's what Christmas Land looks like before it's colored in. It can be kinda creepy, cuz I havent drawn in the eyeballs yet.

Candy, presents, animals and elves live in Christmas Land at the moment, and most of them sing and dance when I draw them (if you couldn't tell). The elves are presently in the tent, making gifts. It's a three ring circus after all, they don't have much time !!!

I'm thinking Santa lives in a beautiful coach pulled by reindeer. Also, the more I think, the more I believe there might be some gorillas in Christmas Land too and a bearded elf lady. I'm on a roll. More to come . . . .

No comments: