Sunday, May 31, 2009

CHAIRities Chair


I finally purchased the chair that I'll be painting for the CHAIRish the arts event. I was looking around second hand stores (i.e. Goodwill etc.) because I wanted to recycle, and then figured I should probably paint a chair that's in good condition. I'd hate for someone to sit in the chair and have it break (and someone get hurt) - kinda paranoid I guess. So I went to the unfinished furniture place in Manchester and bought this chair "BRANDY-NEW" (as my niece would say). The shape of the chair is great and will be fun to paint my characters on. I'll also paint something on canvas and use it to recover the cushion of the chair.

I had about an hour today in the studio, so I got the primer on. I listened to some David Gray to get me into the creative mindset, I was listening to his White Ladder CD and it was all about love (lost and found) and kinda bummed me out so I switched to Space, a really fun band from the late 90's, I especially like their song "Female of the species"

This is from their first (of two) albums called "Spiders", all of the songs are really creative and fun to listen (and sing!) to. It definitely got me into the right mood for painting!

It's amazing what music can do to your mood! I need to remember that! (ha, ha, ha)

No comments: